Sunday, July 18, 2010

Where does the time go?

Once again, I am playing catch-up on my blog! I just can't seem to stay on top of things...

Here are a few things that have been going on.

1. I began a blog for the farm... if you're interested in the latest farm happenings, check it out. http://deeriverranch.blogspot.com/     I also maintain their website (http://www.deeriverranch.com/)

2. Trip to the lake. Seth and I (and four of our favorite couple friends) went to Smith Lake for an extended weekend. We had a fabulous time and couldn't have asked for more beautiful weather! I will post pictures of this trip soon...

3. Baby Mason's room looks like an infant tornado has hit it. There are baby belongings strewn all over the room. As soon as I start one project in his room (folding his clothes), I get side tracked with something else (assembling his swing or adjusting his crib bedding or organizing bibs and burp clothes). It is neverending.

4. 3D ultrasound. Seth and I went traveled to Tupelo to see Mason up-close and personal on a 3D/4D ultrasound at Baby's Kickin (http://babyskickin.com/). We went once in June with both of our moms, but Mason jsut would not cooperate. He was extremely shy and would hide his face any way he could. He kept his foot  over one side of his face and his little arm covered the other side. After the first, semi-unsuccessful photoshoot, they asked us to come back in a few weeks to try again. This last visit was equally unsuccessful! We were disappointed; however, still thankful we got to catch a small glimpse inside Mason's little world. The pictures look distorted in some places because of one or more of the following reasons...   his leg/arm was in the way and it was edited out, the placenta was disrupting the ultrasound image, the umbilical cord was showing up in the picture, or editing left the picture looking a little funny...
In this picture, Mason has his little leg in the way (kicking himself in the face). The ultrasound tech edited the leg out of the picture, but it left the image distorted over half of his face...
Mason's shoulder, arm and hand shielding his face from our view.
He would open his eyes and his mouth. He'd even make pouty faces.
profile view
Long toes like his daddy. Thankfully, it appears that he did not inherit my Fred Flinstone feet.

Sticking his tongue out at us... He is already showing out.

Maybe I will do better on the frequency of future posts...

1 comment:

  1. Ahh Jodie! I didn't know y'all had a blog. Love these 3Ds of Mason. He's going to be so perfect!! xo

    ReplyDelete